Sunday, March 17, 2013

Stripe it Rich!

here
here
source
source
There's nothing richer than a good classic stripe!

Let's Freshen up a Sentimental Favorite

Client T (for thoughful) has a dining set that was given to her by her mother. It has sentimental meaning to her and she wants to keep it. I love that about her. Not just because I believe in using what you have, but I think it's so important to have pieces in your house that have special meaning to you.

wall color is revere pewter by BM
lighting is clients own from Pottery Barn


She could easily have gone out and bought a brand new dining room grouping but chose to keep her mom's pieces.  So, we're just going to freshen them up a bit with these: 

  
Navy and white here






We are in the beginning stages of this design but I thought I'd show you the steps as we move along.  

Remember the before?

Let's call this the "in progress":

The china closet needs to be restyled and so on. But, this client could almost stop here -- looks fresher right? She spent less than $100 on the fabric. 

Stay tuned for more. Oh, and don't forget to look around your room is there something special to you? Thousands of dollars in designer fabrics, wallpaper, etc. mean nothing if your room doesn't hold meaning to you! 

 

OK found some fun stuff in NYC

Room Service
Seriously, who is going to let me order these chairs for them? Crazy you say. Crazy like a fox. Let's pair it with a white lacquer table in the kitchen shall we?

You can buy them here if interested.

How about this guy?
I would pop out the great state of PA in a colored denim that is pulled from the room. Red perhaps? Wouldn't it be great if you used your own son/daughter's jeans for this project? Way to recycle.

Onto the random thought of the day....must see TV


So last week I mentioned this concealer and since then I have run into several peeps who also use this product. Yeah! I love positive reinforcement.

Do you remember that I tried to explain the correct way to use it or how to "correctly contour"  under the eyes, on the forehead etc.? 

Well, I did a horrible job -- not my expertise by any stretch. 

But,  I found someone who can help us. 

Have you ever wondered how the celebrities get that flawless skin look? --- well here is the secret and it doesn't take that long once you master the technique. 





You may have to modify a bit depending on your skin tone but you can get the general idea.

And I know she's a bit west coast and I'm not trying to stir up any Tupac vs. Biggie bad memories here but they can be a bit more bold with their makeup on that coast because they are in the sun everyday.

I would use whatever bronzer/concealer you have on hand or if you need to buy new I would highly recommend this duo. It's better for our east coast faces.

You can buy it here.

I hope you found it interesting ... so go play with it! What are you waiting for?

If you are looking to freshen up a room in your house for Spring contact me at kraussteph@yahoo.com.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...