Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kinda Obsessed

Decorating Anyone?
 
I'm kinda obsessed with these images of Erin Gates Boston home from the Elements of Style. If you don't know her blog you need to check it out here.
 
 
That dog kills me.
 



Definitely buying lots of wreaths in all sizes and
may have to go with the black, white and green color scheme with touches of gold .... when I finally get around to decorating.
 
I'm thinking about buying some of this ribbon as my
jumping off point
 
here
 
Oh and one last tip for achieving that magazine-worthy, picture-perfect holiday decor? Greenery and lots of it. Rich, lush and varied greenery. Boxwood, bayleaf, rosemary and cedar. Not the stuff I normally buy. I read that tip here. Now I just need to make it happen. And don't think I don't know that I am WAY late on this!
 
What's going on over here other than contemplating Christmas decorating?
 
Oh, just a large built in that will be painted high-gloss black with book shelves backed in Kelly Wearstler's
Imperial Trellis in Onyx Gloss.


So glam yet subtle.
 
See how beautiful this wallcovering is?
 
 


I will definitely share pictures when done!
 
On a much lighter note,

How's this for good, clean fun?  .... Jimmy Fallon, Rasheda Jones and Carrie Underwood sing a Thanksgiving and Christmas parody.
 
HILARIOUS. Please watch.


 
On your phone? Try this...
 
 
Thoughts?
 
Thanks for reading!! xoxo

7 comments :

  1. I love that Erin Gates! Love her room as well ... and I got so much done before Thanksgiving as far as decorating ... and now, the final push ... I can't get moving!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin Gates lives about 5 minutes away from me. We've never met but I may just show up on her doorstep after seeing that living room. Can't wait for her book to come out!
    P.S. LOVING the Imperial Trellis in black. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more - Erin Gates is amazing. Love that wallpaper - anything Kelly Wearstler is pretty much guaranteed to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. como what?! your bookcase sounds remarkable! I can't wait to see pics!! And i'm totally obsessed over EG's xmas spread too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and the Christmas photos just pinned one. I can't wait to see your room reveal. Happy decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! forgot to mention the Jimmy Fallon team up was great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...