Tuesday, May 5, 2015

One Room Challenge: Week Six - The Reveal!

I made it! Whew. Thanks to Linda at Calling it Home for lighting the fire I needed to put this room to bed (so to speak).

The mission for the room? To make it fun, colorful and a happy place for an 11 year old girl to wake up in!

Fyi - this post will feature mostly the images from my daughter's new space. All links to products and fabrics are at the end of the post.
 
 
 

  
 






 






















 
 
Let's not forget the closet... 
 




 
 








One thing I've learned because I've done a lot of teen/young adult rooms (after doing their parent's spaces) is that when you do it 100% of the way down to the last little detail and take in their input (my daughter chose the wallpaper and it snowballed from there...)
they really tend to keep the space clean and neat. I have walked into spaces I've done 2 years later and the parents will tell me this. Once it's neat and clean and pretty they want it to stay that way!! BONUS!!!  

Thanks to my friend Joanne Posse who took these amazing photos! I just love her and her work!! You can check out her photography here.

And a huge thank you to the One Room Challenge
 sponsors for making this room look beautiful!
 
Loom Décor
Linen fabric for headboard
Fabric and custom fabrication for the draperies and color block bed skirt
 Minted
Artwork above desk and above two night stands
 Mark and Graham
Striped bed sheets, monogrammed pillow cases
monogrammed paperweight
Wayfair
Desk

SEE BELOW FOR DIRECT LINKS

Now, it's a MUST for you to check out the rooms from these very talented ladies. Everyone worked so hard and did an unbelievable job! Thanks ladies for all of your support!! xo

 


Stephanie Kraus Design's Sources
Imperial Trellis Wallpaper  Schumacher
Wall paint custom by Benjamin Moore
 Headboard custom design by SKD. Fabric by Loom Décor
Bedding and Shams  Pottery Barn Teen
Striped monogrammed pillowcases  Mark and Graham
Color block bed skirt custom made by Loom Décor
Draperies  custom made by Loom Décor. Fabric Loom Décor
Drapery trim  M and J Trimming
Drapery hardware  had forever:)
Desk  Wayfair
Amethyst Mirror - Bungalow 5
Monogrammed magenta paper weight Mark and Graham
Nightstands - had forever:) Paint - Pilgrim Haze by Benjamin Moore
Brass Sconces  Visual Comfort
Pink abstract on large wall  Wendover Art - trade only
Lucite Bench - trade item Alan Campbell fabric (trade only)

FABRIC SEALED BY Fiber Seal - Let them know Stephanie Kraus Designs sent you!
http://fiberseal.com/
French desk chair - daughter's own
Fabric on French chair and long bed pillow  Caitlin Wilson Textiles

Thanks to these local businesses:
Monograms by Tibbar Tibbar
 
Blue Desk Lamp - Robert Abbey  The Blue Octagon
Sunburst brass mirror above bed  The Blue Octagon
White elephant The Blue Octagon
Dana Gibson white and gold trash container The Blue Octagon
 
Other accessories - my daughter's

Thanks for reading!! xoxo
 
 
 

48 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! Such a feminine room...the colors are all divine!! You did a wonderful job. ~Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely and gorgeous and amazing. I couldn't find just one lead word because that's how much I love this room! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Stephanie- best use of lavender in a bedroom, ever! Lucky little girl! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous!! Your daughter must be over the moon! My daughter is going to die when I show her these pictures. Everything came together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing! I love the color palette and that you created a space that will take her into her 20's (and beyond!). Just beautiful Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly delicious!! Love the mix of patterns and the soft textures ... I know your daughter is having sweet dreams in there!! Glorious Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Stephanie it's gorgeous!!! Every little detail is so pretty. Your daughter will enjoy this room for a long time. I haven't been to Blue Octagon yet but have been eager to get there. Congrats on a job well done for your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a dreamy room!! the details are absolutely amazing...the trim on the drapes, the welting on the bench...all just so, so lovely. your restrained use of color is genius and the room looks fabulous! what a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and the palette is wonderful! I'm helping my nieces (11 and 7) do up their shared bedroom and I'm certainly going to show them this space for inspiration! Beautiful job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie, what a dream space for a little girl to grown up in!! Love the soft and pretty color palette and the art especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!! It's an absolute dream space. What a wonderful spot for your daughter to call her own. I love the bed and bedding mixed with the wallpaper. Fab job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, you have more tan succeeded in your goal of fun, colorful and happy! What a beautiful space!! I absolutely love the fabrics and artwork! Well done! Your daughter must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you are so right and you have definitely paid attention to every single little detail. This room is stunning and I love the colors, fabrics and accessories you chose. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Stephanie!!! I wish I had a room this lovely when I was 11. Who am I kidding, I wish this could be my room today, ha! Your daughter will really grow with this space. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stephanie!!! This is so, so beautiful!! What a lucky girl! I love the wallpaper and color and fabric choices. The art is beautiful! I want to move in! Also really loved the trip in the curtains it just makes them pop. You are so, so talented!! Congrats! This is an outstanding transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a lovely pace for your daughter - she is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This room is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it especially the beautiful bed, bedding, bench, artwork, and curtains! Well done!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just plain fabulous!!!!!! I love all the details from the wall paper to the knob and that zebra bench!!!!! I want this room for me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just plain fabulous!!!!!! I love all the details from the wall paper to the knob and that zebra bench!!!!! I want this room for me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely! So peaceful. I absolutely love those pieces from Minted. They work beautifully with the room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stephanie, you have such a great eye for combining color and pattern!! So chic and charming at the same time, everything came together beautifully! Love the fun desk chair and of course, the fab lucite bench!! Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously, what a dream room for an 11 year old (or any girl, for that matter!) My 11-year old self is completely jealous :) You did an amazing and thoughtful job. Congrats to a successful mission completed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is the most wonderful transformation. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful transformation! So soft and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's gorgeous...I love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Stephanie, just fabulous! All the details are perfect. Love that you went with the CWT fabric for the chair. Your daughter must be thrilled - bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such gorgeous color!! I love it all! I have my fingers crossed that what you say about kids keeping their pretty rooms neat & tidy works in my orc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great use of color! Congrats on finishing! Such an honor

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful room! I bet she absolutely loves it! I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the use of color and the beautiful bold floral fabric. Everything from the wallpaper to the art to every last accessory, you really designed a sweet and special space for a little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well if I knew my teen would clean the room, I would do it now. What a fantastic job, Stephanie. You really thought of every detail. I love how you accessorized the space. It is so warm and personal. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well if I knew my teen would clean the room, I would do it now. What a fantastic job, Stephanie. You really thought of every detail. I love how you accessorized the space. It is so warm and personal. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE those big wall sconces. What a fun idea. It turned out so good!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fun color mix and a cheerful room!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So pretty and love the fabric on the bolster and chair. This will certainly encourage her to keep her room neat!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stephanie!!! This is positively INCREDIBLE!!! I love the lavender and all of the colors, and well... every single detail! Such a dreamy room! You are such a talented decorator!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another ORC knockout!!!! Stephanie it is just gorgeous....love that floral with all of the other elements in the room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a beautiful room! The window treatments are just gorgeous, and I'm still in love with the bench. What a dreamy space for a young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  40. SOOOO pretty. Love all the attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So pretty Stephanie! Your daughter must be thrilled. I love the details like the velvet trim on the drapes and the contrast welt on the headboard (so much so that I am including in a post today.) Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just wanted you to know that your room is one of my favorite ORC projects! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-orc-faves-part-2-bedrooms-living.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just wanted you to know that your room is one of my favorite ORC projects! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-orc-faves-part-2-bedrooms-living.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. This post is superb; I really don’t know how to praise of your working. But this post compelled me to do it. unbeatable insurance agency fort myers

    ReplyDelete
  45. We give a total bespoke bed arrangement. Offering uniquely custom made beds, cots, twofold beds, single beds to suit any space, at Any Size, accessible in Any Color. We are serving in high caliber in stuff and materials. We can challenge our crude material at each frame. Simply investigate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...