Sunday, July 21, 2013

Need the perfect seating arrangement? I've got the solution for you ...

Versatile and FUNctional Floor plan

 I have an awesome new client with young kids.  She's so excited to freshen up her family room which is large and bright but long and narrow.

We're  going to make this space more functional for her kids so my number one priority is to make a comfortable cozy spot for the kids to watch TV and also provide additional seating for entertaining and adult conversation.
 
Since the room is so large I'm going to design two seating areas ... one for the kids to watch TV and one for the adults to hang out and chat and have a cocktail or two or six:)
 
All the while keeping in mind this could be a room that evolves and changes as her kids get older so I'm going to provide her with a very versatile floor plan.

My answer?  Four chairs and an ottoman. It's fun, fresh and modern and if she gets bored with the look someday she can move the chairs around the house!
check it below.




 
 
 
 
sarah richardson
 
otherwise noted all images via pinterest
 
Here's the  floor plan


You can see the room is long and rectangular but plenty big for two seating areas. 
 
When you walk into the room you will be greeted by the four funky fun chairs and a table that will immediately make you want to sit down, relax and stay awhile.
 
But if you want to catch up on the latest sponge-bob square pants episode the four chairs will not obstruct your race to the sofa. Perfect, right?

Here's a few chairs that may work in your home...

oomph

layla grace


z gallerie


layla grace


restoration hardware
 
west elm
serena & lily
overstock
target
amazon
Do you have furniture placement issues in your home? Why not try four chairs and an ottoman?

Don't forget to subscribe to this newsletter at the top of this page and like my page on facebook!!

thanks for reading!! xoxo

And don't forget I'm

Linking with Southern Savvy Style here!
Participating in  Amaze me Monday at Dwellings

7 comments :

  1. This is my room exactly and although I did a love seat on one end with 2 chairs, having 2 seating areas has really worked for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Luci and I do love this floor plan makes so much sense, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted four chairs around a circular ottoman for the longest time. I imagine everyone sitting and reading together.....like that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too... at least my client is getting this fab seating arrangement.

      Delete
  4. LOVE IT! Wish I could do this in our house but I do plan to do the same thing on our patio when we finally get new furniture out there. Makes for a great conversation area. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the floor plan. I used to have a perfectly square living room and I wanted to do 4 chairs instead of a sofa - but it never came to be. I already had a perfectly good sofa and couldn't justify starting over with new furniture (again).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great floor plan. We have a long great room that you step down into from the kitchen and at the other end is a fp with windows on both sides...always looking for ideas for how to position the furniture...wonderful inspiration!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday, hope to see you again this week!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...